Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Boy Turned NINE!



I'm still in shock, but my baby boy turned NINE last weekend!

He had a great day. His Nana sent him a birthday chocolate chip pound cake from "Breadwinners" and he opted to have that for his birthday breakfast [good choice! YUM!]. Nana also sent him money that he gets to spend - always his favorite thing. LOL!

He got to open his presents from me and his sisters:


We went to my parents' house for a little party where we had lunch and cake and he got to open presents.


Then his Granny took him shopping and spent a fortune on him. He had SUCH a great time picking out presents. Here is a picture of him with his Granny and some of the loot she bought him:


He chose McDonald's as his special birthday dinner [LOL! The ONE day a year he can pick any restaurant and I'll actually buy it for him and he picks McD's! But it made him happy, and that is all that mattered!]



I'm so proud of my son!

He is a very smart boy and is doing great in school. He is starting to get really "into" reading. He is kind hearted and loves to take care of his little sisters - he's a great brother. He is an excellent friend and he is the kind of kid that everyone likes, he gets along with all kinds of people. His teachers love him... he's pretty much loved everywhere he goes.

His favorite things at this time in his life are Bionicles, Wii and DS games, playing on the computer, Bakugan, Pokemon, and Ben 10.

I can't believe how big he has gotten or what a great kid he is.

Happy Birthday Monkey2!!! I love you SO much!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. He's so handsome! He's big enough now you can see some of the man he will be someday. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete