Like my friend Melanie, I've done this MEME in past years and it is fun to go back and read the answers, so I thought I'd do it again this year. If you decided to play along on your blog, leave a comment so I can read your 2010 recap.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I wrote a book. A whole book! :) And a good bit of another one.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not make any resolutions last year. This year I won't make a resolution, but I will state that my goal is to get a book deal. :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nobody physically close to me did - several online friends did though!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my best friend died of breast cancer in May.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the good old USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Peace, Financial Stability, and adequate housing.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 15 - the day we buried my best friend.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a book written. Raising my children in such a way that they are extremely well adjusted and happy in spite of bad circumstances.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Worrying too much about things beyond my control.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, several illnesses and a surgery.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Yeah - no disposable income around here these days. I guess food for my children was the best thing I bought this year. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My children - they are amazing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My Ex Husband's.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was healthy for 6 months straight. That was pretty cool.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"What I Am" by Will.i.am
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier; b) about the same; c) about the same, a little poorer actually
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Snuggle my kids, Relax
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my kids, parents, bro and sis
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Nope, thank goodness.
22. How many one-night stands?
Seriously? LOL! Celibacy is working out very well for me.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Castle, Law and Order: LA
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anybody.
25. What was the best book you read?
Read lots of great books this year - recent favorites were "The Lost Hero" [Rick Riordan] and "The Ruby Key" [Holly Lisle]
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not sure I really made any musical discoveries this year.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
A decent home for my children.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmmm... I guess Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember. I was 41.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my Ex husband had not hassled me and gone out of his way to make life difficult.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
33. What kept you sane?
I'm not sure I am actually sane any more. I wouldn't take any bets on it anyway. :)
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Will Smith. In an alternate dimension somewhere he's my hubby. ;)
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm so hating politics at this point in my life. It is all the same anyway - nothing ever changes.
36. Who did you miss?
All the friends I used to have IRL that I only see online now. And of course my best friend that died.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't really have an answer for that. I did not meet a lot of new people this year, though I did meet some really nice ones. I'm glad I "reunited" with my friend Kathy and a couple of other folks.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
"Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die."
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"If what I am is what's in me, then I'll be strong, that's who I'll be; and I will always be the best me that I can be....Never gonna quit, I'll keep getting stronger."