Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 Days Of Christmas Monkey Style



In what has apparently become our Monkey Family Christmas Tradition, myriad relentless and never-ending illnesses have descended upon our household.

This is my attempt at keeping my sense of humor [and hopefully my sanity by laughing it off... ;) ].

Twelve Days Of Christmas Monkey Style:

On the first day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: One puking Son With A Fever

On the second day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: A Double Ear Infection and a puking son with a fever.

On the Third day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: Three Snotty Girls with Fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the Fourth day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: Four worrisome rashes, three snotty girls with fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the Fifth day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: Five Medical Copays, four worrisome rashes, three snotty girls with fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the Sixth day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: Six whining, fighting, miserable children, five medical copays, four worrisome rashes, three snotty girls with fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the Seventh day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: Seven expensive prescriptions, six whining, fighting, miserable children, five medical copays, four worrisome rashes, three snotty girls with fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the Eighth day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: eight days without sleeping, seven expensive prescriptions, six whining, fighting, miserable children, five medical copays, four worrisome rashes, three snotty girls with fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the ninth day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent me to: nine over the counter medications, eight days without sleeping, seven expensive prescriptions, six whining, fighting miserable children, five medical copays, four worrisome rashes, three snotty girls with fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the tenth day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: ten days of sinus infection [and counting], nine over the counter medications, eight days without sleeping, seven expensive prescriptions, six whining, fighting, miserable children, five medical copays, four worrisome rashes, three snotty girls with fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my Dear Lord sent to me: eleven Christmas gifts still un-purchased, ten days of sinus infection [and counting], nine over the counter medications, eight days without sleeping, seven expensive prescriptions, six whining, fighting, miserable children, five medical copays, four worrisome rashes, three snotty girls with fevers, a double ear infection, and a puking son with a fever.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my merciful Lord sent to me: twelve blessed days of peace in a rubber room at North West Regional.

[Updated a few days later to add: I forgot to add in one massively bleeding head wound [Monkey2] and 4 cases of strep throat! Silly me! ;)]
.
.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly!!!! That is classic! You know what they say about Laughter being the BEST MEDICINE! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete