Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe

Want something that has green stuff in it but tastes DIVINE and even my pickiest child loves? Try this Zucchini bread! I promise you that you will not be able to tell there is Zucchini [and applesauce!] in there at all - it tastes like rich chocolate cake!

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe

Ingredients:

2 cups grated zucchini [I chopped mine very small in my food processor]. It took 3 medium sized zucchini to get 2 cups for me.
3 eggs
1 cup applesauce
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 cups flour
6 ounces chocolate chips [that's 1/2 a 12 oz bag]
1/2 cup cocoa

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray. [I used 4 smaller loaf pans]. Set aside.

Add zucchini, eggs, applesauce, sugar, and oil and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix just enough to incorporate everything.

Divide batter between the loaf pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Watch closely, because this can vary a lot depending on the size of your loaf pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment