Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Small Sacrifices


It was something like 98 degrees today with humidity through the roof.

My ancient van is having AC issues - one vent in the back [with the kids] is only working sometimes. So, today, we only had one AC vent in the back. It was probably 110 degrees inside the van when we first got started.

My 7 year old was sitting back there with her 5 year old sister and I hear them having a conversation.

The vent by the 5yo was not working and the 5yo was crying because she was hot and had no AC.

So my sweet, precious 7yo says "That's OK. Look, I'll turn my vent so it hits you."

And that's exactly what she did. She sweltered so her little sister could be cool.

That seems like a silly thing for me to proud of I guess, but man - THAT is love.

And THAT is exactly why I do what I do. If I can raise children that love others more than they love themselves - I've accomplished exactly what I wanted and nothing else matters. [Well, other than that they love God too of course!]

Kids like that can change the world.

My kids ROCK! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Aww, how sweet! Hey, my husband has discovered a pretty cheap car repair guy locally... he has been in charge of vehicle maintenance at work (for some reason... IT guy who maintains cars, lol!) and found this repair guy in his dealings with all the company vehicles. The repair guy's name is Herschel Dial at 928 Wayside Road, phone number 235-9490. Good and cheap, and he doesn't advertise, just goes by referrals. He does quick work too. Just thought I'd pass it along... hopefully the AC won't get any worse, though! No need for car repairs are better than cheap car repairs!

    ReplyDelete